position: Nurse II
Department: Health Department
Salary range: $ 45,670.33 – $ 64,530.98
Opening date: 16. August 2021
Deadline: 30. August 2021
A member of this class will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Care Coordination 4 Children (CC4C) program. Responsibilities include assessing the needs of children and the family, developing a care coordination plan using knowledge of community services, and following up to ensure goals are met. The employee will provide care services through clinical programs that ensure that all community members, regardless of their ability to pay for the services, have access to care. This position requires home calls during and after work, as well as general clinical duties at one
Fill-in or PRN-based.
• Graduated from vocational nursing school with a master’s degree in public health and one year of professional nursing experience;
• or graduate from four year college or university with a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing that includes a rotation in public health nursing and one year of public health nursing experience;
• or graduation from vocational nursing school and two years of professional nursing experience, including one year of public health nursing experience;
• Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Graduated from high school or GED.
• Valid NC driving license.
* If the applicant does not have a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing, the selected candidate must complete the Introduction to Public Health Care course within the first year of employment.
who we are:
Alexander County is located in the Foothills region of North Carolina and is mainly rural. Bounded to the north by the Brushy Mountains and to the south by the Catawba River, residents can enjoy a quiet, more secluded area in the countryside or a more urban setting with life on the lake. The county is rich in history and demographically characterized by a small town and several rural parishes. Alexander County is governed by a five-member Board of Commissioners, elected at large, with a four-year term, with an overall operating budget of $ 43 million and approximately 700 employees. The district offers a wide range of training opportunities, a supportive work culture and an excellent service package.
Applications can be submitted online at www.alexandercountync.gov or by mail to Alexander County Human Resources, 621 Liledoun Road, Taylorsville, NC 28681. Applications must be completed in full, a resume should not be used in place of a full application.
After a conditional job offer, pre-employment screening including drug and alcohol tests, a criminal background check, and a physical exam are required. Alexander County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, or disability in employment or in the provision of services.