Fairfax County, Capital Facilities is seeking an experienced and innovative candidate to provide the full range of administrative support for human resources management and payroll management. Serves as the payroll manager by processing, reviewing, and reconciling online time and attendance. Ensures that time records have been submitted and assists with time and salary adjustments and employee inquiries. Prepares personnel measures and position control forms with regard to employment measures and the position status. Ensures that forms, letters, and various administrative documents to support salary / personnel file management are compliant with federal / state laws. Provides assistance and assistance to HR managers throughout the onboarding process, background checking, and security card access. Helps coordinate training courses and pursue government-mandated licenses and certifications. Develops and maintains basic databases and spreadsheets to keep track of personnel information. Consults the HR manager on the interpretation of laws, policies, procedures and regulations applicable to the department’s employees. Support the department in a wide variety of critical, confidential, complex and time-sensitive HR administrative tasks. Works on specific CAP projects as assigned. Updates the imaging system and converts employee paper documents to digital format, general reporting / archiving and retrieval of personnel records and employee data in a complex, confidential and regulated area. The successful applicant must be highly motivated and self-sufficient; Have the skills necessary to work and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced collaborative team environment; and be geared to deliver great customer service to end users. Keeps personal information confidential.
The tasks include:
- Prepares and / or monitors the creation of complex pay slips (e.g. shift difference, overtime, multiple funding, 56-hour week, FLSA).
- Researches payroll issues (e.g. overtime, vacation hours).
- Interprets policies and procedures.
- Initiates the entire handling of complex personnel measures.
- Performs new employee orientation, including notifying employees of the period of initial eligibility and the importance of compliance.
- Advises employees on questions of basic services and supports the role of the training coordinator.
- Regularly uses the enterprise resource planning system for human capital management to process departmental HR transactions.
- Solves personnel processing problems related to personnel policy / procedures with interpretation of suitable resources (e.g. DHR).
- Assistance with job recruitment packages, interviews and all related tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for the process of employee verification.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal customers.
Note: The functional areas assigned to this position are Payroll, Human Resources, and Customer Service.
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to the Abitur and three years of experience in administrative support in the assigned functional areas.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The representative for this position must conduct a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
- Two years of experience with FOCUS or a similar subcontracting software.
- Two years of experience in a human resources department, in particular support with recruiting / interview processes and onboarding new employees.
- Two years of experience with Neogov and JDMS systems or a similar recruiting and position description system software.
- Two years of experience with Employee U or a similar training system; preferred admin role.
- Extensive knowledge of the county recruiting procedures and guidelines.
- Advanced experience in handling the basic software Microsoft Office Suite; especially Excel, Word and Power Point.
Work is generally sedentary; However, the employee may need to walk, stand, bend over, and carry items weighing less than 15 pounds. Must be able to operate keyboard and scanner controlled devices. Visual acuity is required to read data on the computer monitor. Ability to recognize and receive walk-in customers and to respond appropriately. Ability to sit and work at a computer terminal for long periods of time. Any task that is performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
Panel interview and can include exercises.
The Fairfax County government prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, birth or related illnesses, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation or veteran status when recruiting, Selection and recruitment of employees.
Reasonable accommodation is available to people with disabilities during the application and / or job interview under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO / AA / TTY.
Comments are closed.