Students are invited to see their Associate Senate of the Student Government starting at 6:30 p.m. today, April 20. Students can register for the last Senate meeting of the semester via Zoom (Session ID: 854 9079 2856; Passcode: nFGjum @ 1).
The following transactions are planned for the Senate meeting on April 20:
- Pres. Julia Nall’s address to the student booth
- First Reading of ASG Senate Resolution No. 25 – A resolution to change park policy at the University of Arkansas
- First Reading of Senate Act No. 12 – A funding bill to support open educational resources at the University of Arkansas
- First Reading of Senate Law No. 26 – A resolution in support of the Faculty’s Senate resolution to expand requirements for face covering
- Second reading of ASG Senate Resolution No. 19 – A resolution in support of the Asian-American and Pacific Islander community affected by increased hate crimes during the COVID-19 pandemic and recent mass shootings
- Second reading of ASG Senate Resolution No. 20 – A resolution in support of transgender students and transgender health care and against HB1570 and other transphobic laws
- Second reading of the ASG Senate Act No. 11 – A financing law for the provision of solar light for campus bus stops
- Second Reading of ASG Senate Resolution No. 21 – A Resolution to Dispose of Racially Associated Legacies from the University of Arkansas on School Grounds
- Second reading of ASG Senate resolution No. 22 – A resolution in support of the COVID-19 vaccine requirement for the fall semester 2021
- Second Reading of ASG Senate Resolution No. 23 – A resolution to immediately bring Title IX files into contact with U of A Cares and allow two-week extensions to academic deadlines
The Associated Student Government at U of A is a student-led organization that acts as the organized voice for all students, endeavoring to effectively represent the interests of the students. This event is sponsored by the ASG through the Office of Student Activities and supported by the student activity fee. For questions or accommodation due to a disability, please contact the Office of Student Activities at [email protected] or call 479-575-5255. ASG is a program in the Student Affairs Department.
About the Department of Student Affairs: The Student Affairs Department helps students gain knowledge, earn a degree, find meaningful careers, explore diversity, and connect with the global community. We provide student accommodation, restaurants, and healthcare resources, and develop innovative programs that provide education and inspiration. We are enhancing the University of Arkansas experience and helping students achieve success individually.
Comments are closed.