On Wednesday, Governor Tim Walz appointed 14 members to a new state community council for inclusion and equal opportunities.
“The local council will play a key role in our efforts to make the work and practices of the state government more inclusive and fair,” said Walz in a statement. “I applaud those commissioners for advocating public service and using their talents and efforts to promote a Minnesota where people of all races and walks of life can thrive.”
The council will advise and work with One Minnesota Council to achieve its goals of developing, creating, and implementing effective, inclusive, and just practices for the state to eradicate inequalities and inequalities in our communities, Walz said. The council, in cooperation with other government agencies, must prepare an annual report to the governor to inform him of their work and recommendations.
The following were appointed to the council:
- Antony Handsome, Chief Executive Officer, Native American Community Clinic.
- Desralynn Cole, Race and Equity Program Manager, Minneapolis City Coordinator Office.
- Rachel Zhang, Chief Operating Officer, Rochester Community Initiative.
- Bernadette Burnham, Vice President, Education Minnesota.
- Dr. Rebecca Evan, Assistant Professor, College of Management at Metropolitan State University.
- Cook Macias, Senior Director of Customer Insights and Experience Design, Securian Financial.
- Emmanuel opponent, Associate Professor, St. Cloud State University.
- Georgia Miller Kamara, Education Professional (District 287) and Child Protection Social Worker (Hennepin County).
- Pleasant Radford, Equal Opportunities Officer, UCare.
- Natalie Ringsmuth, Anti-Racism Trainer (St. Cloud State University) and CEO of #Unitecloud.
- Myat Thanda Do, Program Manager – Diversity, Equal Opportunities and Inclusion, and Organizational Development and Learning, Fairview Health Services.
- Kenneth Rodgers, Disability Programs Coordinator, Minnesota Department of Transportation.
- Ravyn Gibbs, Professional Associate, US Senate.
- Maryam Just, Managing Director, Lead the way MN.
Comments are closed.