Greenberg & Ruby, LLP, an occupational injury law firm based in Los Angeles, California, has released a new guide that outlines workers’ rights after injury. The ongoing pandemic has embarrassed many workers, leading some to avoid seeking workers’ compensation and third party claims following an industrial accident.
Attorney Emily Ruby believed the guide was needed to help workers not evade compensation. “In our company, we spoke to numerous workers who are afraid of demanding compensation. They fear that they will lose hours, be fired or blackmailed by employers in their industry. If an injured worker fails to avail of benefits and compensation, he or she can sustain permanent injuries that result in costly medical expenses that they cannot afford, ”Ruby said.
The Los Angeles work injury attorney also spoke about how her law firm’s new guide can help keep injured workers safe from other costly mistakes. “Our new guide explains what rights workers have and how they can use these rights to protect their ability to shape their lives in the future. Most workers are unaware of how their actions after the injury affect their future quality of life. We hope our guide gives them the tools they need to get the benefits and compensation they deserve. ”
According to Greenberg & Ruby, LLP’s new guide, here are some of the top rights injured workers need to know:
- You have the right to claim an accident at work if you suffered an injury or illness while working.
- You have the right to see a doctor and receive medical care and treatment.
- If you are unable to return to work because of your injuries that make you temporarily or permanently unable to work, you are entitled to disability benefits.
- If you disagree with a decision made by your employer or its insurance company or the industrial accident court, you can appeal this decision.
- You have the right to be represented by a California labor injury attorney throughout the compensation process.
According to NSC United States statistics, a worker suffers a workplace injury every seven seconds.
This results in:
– 540 injuries per hour
– 12,900 injuries per day
– 90,400 work accidents per week
– And 7 million work accidents a year
Work accidents result in 99 million lost days every year. On average, each workplace injury leads to 21 days of incapacity for work.
While 21 days is a considerable amount, many injured workers suffer injuries that require much more. As a result, many workers suffer long-term disabilities by returning to work too early. They need more time to receive adequate medical treatment and fully recover from their injuries.
About Greenberg & Ruby, LLP
Greenberg & Ruby, LLP is a California industrial injury law firm serving the seriously injured. Unlike Greenberg & Ruby law firms, LLP attorneys focus on liability cases such as scaffolding accidents, serious machinery damage, roof collapses, ditch intrusions, electric shocks, construction accidents, and warehouse damage. Greenberg & Ruby’s attorneys have helped recover over $ 250 million in damages over the past 50 years.
Company Name: Greenberg & Ruby, LLP
Address:6100 Wilshire Boulevard. Suite 1170
City: The angel
Status: CA 90048
Country: United States
Comments are closed.