Author: Lime Connect (i): Contact: limeconnect.com
Table of contents and important points:
Lime Connect Pathways Scholarship recipients will each receive US $ 1,000 to support their studies at a four-year university or college in the United States or Canada.
Pathways Scholarship for current high school graduates studying to graduate from a four-year university or college in the United States or Canada.
Lime Connect Pathways Scholarship recipients will each receive $ 1,000 to support their university / college studies.
Lime Connect (Lime) firmly believes in the potential of students who happen to have all kinds of disabilities and is committed to supporting their future. In 2019, we were excited to launch our first Pathways Scholarship for current high school seniors aspiring to graduate from a four-year university or college in the US or Canada. The grant applications for 2020 are open and due by Monday, May 25, 2020.
Tom Wilson, Lime Connect’s global chairman, said;
“Access to higher education can play a critical role for young people with disabilities. We are proud to recognize the achievements of our outstanding Pathways Fellows with these awards.”
Lime Connect Pathways Scholarship recipients will each receive $ 1,000 to support their university / college studies. The awards are performance-based, but financial needs are taken into account.
The Pathways Scholarship is funded by proceeds from the annual Lime Connect Century Ride. Find out how you can participate to support next year’s grant recipients. Click here to learn more about the Century Ride.
A woman wearing a graduation cap smiling and looking at the sky.
Conditions of participation
- Applicants for a 2020 scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Have or consider yourself visibly or invisibly disabled *
- Intends to be enrolled full-time at this 4 year university or college in fall 2020
- Current high school graduate in the US or Canada who will graduate in spring or summer 2020
- Accepted or pending and pending admission to a 4 year university or college in the US or Canada for the 2020-2021 academic year
* A person with a disability is defined as someone who has, or considers to be themselves, a long-term or recurring problem that affects one or more important activities that others may consider a daily function. This definition also includes the perception that there is a disability. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How do I apply?
Applicants apply online through The Lime Network and provide general background information, a résumé and an answer to a text question about living successfully with a disability. Applicants who are selected as finalists submit letters of reference.
For more information on the process, see the stories of previous scientists. To apply, click here.
Lime Connect is a nonprofit that is renaming disability through achievement. The focus of the organization is on attracting, preparing and connecting potential university students and alumni for scholarships, a scholarship program, a foundation program and internships as well as full-time careers with its corporate partners – the world’s leading companies. This work demonstrates the tremendous strengths and benefits of disability and provides people with disabilities with the tools, access, and confidence to make their dreams come true. More information about Lime Connect can be found at http://www.limeconnect.com
(i) Source / Reference: Lime Connect. Disabled World makes no guarantees or warranties in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity, or length.
• • Disabled World is a news and information website only and is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. The materials presented are in no way intended to be, and should not be construed as, a substitute for professional medical care provided by a qualified physician. Offers or advertising from third-party providers on disabled-world.com do not constitute approval by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English. Author: Lime Connect. Electronic publication date: 2020-05-17. Last revised date: 2020-05-17. Reference Title: “Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship For Seniors With Disabilities” Source: Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship For Seniors With Disabilities. Summary: Lime Connect Pathways Scholarship recipients will each receive US $ 1,000 to support their studies at a four-year university or college in the United States or Canada. Retrieved on December 26, 2020 from https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/education/scholarships/pathways-scholarship.php – reference category number: DW # 323-13839.
Comments are closed.