People Wanted To Serve On HoCo Fee On Disabilities

HOWARD COUNTY, MD – We are seeking candidates for Howard County’s Disability Board. The application deadline is August 27th. Individuals with disabilities who are members of a person with disabilities, are members of the general public, are members of the board of directors or are employees of an institution that provides services to people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. noted the county.

“We continue to seek to address the needs of people with disabilities to ensure they can thrive in all facets of life in our community,” said Howard County Executive Calvin Ball. “This commission plays an important role in making this a reality Aiming at addressing housing, transportation, recreation and more challenges so that people of all ages and abilities feel welcome and empowered in Howard County. “

Founded in 1988, the Disability Committee is comprised of 15 members who work to raise awareness of disability-related issues, advise on programs, policies, and budget of the Howard County’s government, and assist the county in meeting requirements Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) 1990. Commissioners have a three-year term and include people with disabilities, service providers, family members of people with disabilities, and the community at large.

To be considered, applicants must be Howard County residents, be at least 18 years of age, have an interest in and / or experience with matters affecting people with disabilities, and be able to attend committee meetings on the 4th Monday of the month from February to December from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at a location to be determined by the Commission.

Applicants should send Kimberly Pruim either by email to [email protected] or by mail to:
Howard County Government, Office of the County Executive, e.g. Ms. Kimberly Pruim, 3430 Court House Drive, Ellicott City, MD 21043. Eligible applicants’ names will be presented to the county executive for approval and then to the county council for approval.

Comments are closed.