The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is soliciting public opinion on proposed improvements to Highway 13 between 26th Road in the city of Spencer and Highway 98 in the town of Spencer. Construction is planned for 2024, but could take place as early as 2023.
Suggested improvements include:
- Removing the top layer of the existing pavement and replacing it with a new layer of hot mix asphalt (HMA).
- Replacing non-Americans with curb ramps that comply with the Disability Act (ADA).
- Commercial driveway upgrades at locations that do not meet ADA sidewalk standards.
- Installation of new centerline and shoulder rumble strips through the rural segments.
During construction, Highway 13 will remain open with single-lane closures and marking work.
To enter input:
The public is invited to view materials on the project website and submit comments by August 2nd.
- An online comment form is available on the project website.
- Residents, property owners and businesses in the area have received a handout with a comment form that can be returned to WisDOT.
- Questions and comments can be directed to WisDOT Project Manager Preston Bohn at 715-421-7382 or [email protected]. Written comments can be sent to WisDOT North Central Region, 1681 Second Ave. S., Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495.
The deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind, and speech-impaired people should call the Wisconsin Relay Service at 711.
Comments are closed.