Templeton Faculties Announce Coverage For Nationwide Faculty Lunch and Breakfast Program • Atascadero Information

TEMPLETON – Templeton Unified School District announced its policy to offer free and discounted meals to children through the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program. Each school and / or head office has a copy of the policy that can be viewed by any interested party.

The household size and income criteria listed below are used to determine eligibility for free, discounted, or full meal options. Children from households with incomes at or below the levels given here are entitled to free or reduced meals. Children who receive food stamps (CalFresh), California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) are automatically entitled to free meals regardless of the income of the household they live in. The entitlement to a foster child is based on a separate application and solely on the amount of the child’s “self-consumption” income.

In accordance with Federal Citizenship Act and the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) civil rights regulations and guidelines, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs, are prohibited from doing anything because of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, or retaliation or retaliation for previous civil rights activity in a program or activity conducted or funded by the USDA.

People with disabilities who need alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. braille, large print, tape, American sign language, etc.) should contact the agency (state or local) from which they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired can contact the USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Program information can also be made available in languages ​​other than English.

Get through together, Atascadero

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete or write to the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) available online at: ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office the letter addressed to the USDA and include in the letter all the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

Submit your completed form or letter to USDA via:
(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Secretary of State for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Street, SW
Washington, DC 20250-9410
(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442;
or (3) email: [email protected].
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Application forms can be filled out using the Info-Snap procedure with all other start-of-school forms. Applications are also available from the school secretariat. To apply for free or discounted meals, households must complete an application and return it to the school for processing. Applications can be submitted at any time during the school year. The information that households provide on the application is used to determine eligibility for meals and can be reviewed by school or program administrators at any time during the school year.

Requirements for school officials to determine eligibility for free and discounted benefits are as follows:
For households that receive CalFresh, CalWORKs or FDPIR services – the application only needs to contain the name of the registered child (ren), food brand, CalWORKs or FDPIR case number and the signature of an adult household member. For households that do not provide a CalFresh, CalWORK or FDPIR case number, the application must include the names of all household members, the amount and source of income received by each household member, the signature and the last 4 digits of the corresponding social security number of an adult household member. If the household member who signs the application does not have a social security number, the household member must indicate on the application that a social security number is not available.

In accordance with the provisions of the Free and Discounted Meal Policy, the determining officer (s) designated by the sponsor / agency will review applications and determine eligibility. Parents or legal guardians who are dissatisfied with the eligibility decision can informally discuss the decision with the determining officer. Parents may also make a formal appeal hearing the decision and do so orally or in writing with the sponsor / agency’s hearing officer. Parents or guardians should contact their children’s school (es) for specific information on the name of the determining officer and / or hearing officer for a particular school, agency, or district.

If a household member becomes unemployed or the household size increases, the household should contact the school. These changes may result in the household’s children being eligible if the household’s income falls to or below the above levels.

Households receiving CalFresh, CalWORKs, or FDPIR benefits may not need to complete an application for free or discounted meals or free milk. School officials determine eligibility for free meals based on documentation received directly from the CalFresh, CalWORKs or FDPIR office that a child is a member of a household currently receiving food branded or FDPIR benefits or an auxiliary unit that CalWORKs Benefits. School officials will notify households of their eligibility, but those who do not want their child (ren) to have free meals must contact the school. Grocery brand, CalWORK and FDPIR households should complete an application if they are not informed of their eligibility by September 9th.

For the 2021-2022 school year, all students are entitled to free meals at any school location if this is the case

Like this:

Like Loading…

Comments are closed.