The Michigan Department of Transportation announced Tuesday that a number of rest areas along US 131, US 31, and I-94 will be closed for renovations in September.
The renovation will include exterior work to bring facilities up to Americans with Disabilities Act standards.
The following rest areas will be closed:
- The Cadillac rest area on US-131 northbound in Wexford County will be closed Tuesday, September 7th through Tuesday, September 28th
- The Ludington rest stop on US-31 north in Mason County will be closed Thursday September 9 through Tuesday September 28.
- The hard rest stop on US-31 southbound in Oceana County will be closed Friday, September 10th through Tuesday, September 28th.
- The Tustin rest area on US-31 southbound in Osceola County will be closed Wednesday, September 8 through Tuesday, September 28.
- The Watervliet rest area on I-94 west in Berrien County will be closed Thursday September 9 through Wednesday September 29.
ADA improvements will be made at the New Buffalo Welcome Center on I-94, eastbound in Berrien County, Tuesday, September 28 through Monday, November 1, but the facility will remain open.