Audible Imaginative and prescient Is A Companion App For Blind Folks That Helps With Each day Actions
According to the WHO, 285 million people worldwide are visually impaired and 90% of this population live in poverty. It goes without saying that visually impaired people face challenges every day. However, it is also refreshing to see makers and individuals creating solutions that have a meaningful impact on the lives of people with disabilities.
One such person is Aadhar Bhalinge. Aadhar and his team are developing Audible Vision, a mobile app designed to make life easier for blind people by helping them with everyday activities. This artificial intelligence app does a wide variety of things.
- Smart Text: Pointing at an object identifies what it is. It even identifies stores when it points to the signage.
- Expiration Date: An incredible feature that detects the expiration date of products! This is the only app that does this.
- Pandemic Safety: Can tell how crowded (or not) a person’s immediate surroundings are. This is especially important for blind people as they may want to be socially distant from others and may not want to be in an environment where social distancing is not possible.
- Mask detector: Detects whether a person is wearing a mask or not.
- Document: Reads books or text documents
- Barcode: Reads barcodes on products to identify them.
- Voice-controlled: With the voice interface in the app, the user can control the app with voice commands. The app’s responses are also based on voice and sound.
In case you’re wondering, artificial intelligence takes over all of the video and image processing when it comes to recognizing objects or people in the immediate vicinity.
Aadhar’s team is working hard to make Audible Vision a reality. They are determined to provide this app for free with no ads and are currently looking for people who can fund this project. The beta app will launch in June 2021, followed by the Android version in August 2021.
With easy access to technology, several manufacturers like Aadhar have made a positive impact by providing useful solutions for the disabled community. If you’d like to support his vision and project, visit Audible Vision’s Indiegogo page to contribute.
Check out the videos below to learn more about Audible Vision.
Excited for this app? Let us know in the comments below!