Author: BigBoxPlay – Disabled World: Contact: www.BigBoxPlay.com
Table of contents and important points:
The BigBoxPlay STEM game system focuses on physical free play, tactile / multisensory learning, creativity and imagination for children ages 2 to 8, and is based on children’s love of building forts out of cardboard boxes.
BigBoxPlay sells “life-size” STEM, play systems with an emphasis on physical free play, tactile / multisensory learning, creativity and imagination for young children aged 2 to 8 years.
BigBoxPlay’s STEM game systems are modular, extremely durable and personalized. Most importantly, they offer endless hours of creative and imaginative enjoyment.
Disclosure of the material connection: Disabled World was offered a free BigBoxPlay from www.BigBoxPlay.com for an honest article on product reviews. Like all review products Disabled World receives, the item was donated to a third party. Even so, Disabled World decided to write a review for this product because we believe in the power of STEM toys for children!
Jonathan Rubin, CEO of BigBoxPlay (www.BigBoxPlay.com), founded a Los Angeles-based company selling “life-size” science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) game systems that focus on physical free play, tactile / multi-sensory learning, creativity and imagination for young children aged 2-8 years.
Jonathan believes that children nowadays spend too much time using digital devices, which has a negative impact on their cognitive and social development. Studies have consistently shown that excessive use of digital products, along with a lack of quality playtime, adversely affects the learning of essential “soft” skills such as communication, creativity, social interaction, and collaboration.
Jonathan discovered over the years that children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) seem to particularly love BigBoxPlay because of its “private” fort-like features that make children feel more protected and safer inside.
BigBoxPlay is countering this negative trend with a unique game system based on the timeless love children have for building forts and cardboard boxes. BigBoxPlay is a modular STEM Fort Playhouse for children. It is made from durable cardboard and is very easy to assemble to suit your space and preferences.
BigBoxPlay’s STEM game systems are modular, extremely durable and personalized. Most importantly, they offer endless hours of creative and imaginative enjoyment. In fact, BigBoxPlay was recently awarded a prestigious STEM Authenticated ™ Trustmark by STEM.org, a respected company that sponsors and teaches STEM around the world and serves over 4,500 schools, districts and organizations in over 25 countries and around the world , Geomag, Learning Resources, Modular Robotics, Play-Doh and Magformers.
- BigBoxPlay is safe, inexpensive (gaming systems start at $ 79), and easy to store.
- Building BigBoxPlay is a STEM-based activity that is fun but also helps with tactile development, critical thinking, problem solving, and collaboration.
- BigBoxPlay is a healthy “life-size” game system for the whole family. It’s modular, extremely durable, and can be customized to suit each child’s preferences.
- Playing in BigBoxPlay stimulates a child’s imagination and creativity through physical “free play”. This is important as studies show that excess time on digital devices can interfere with children’s development of essential “soft” skills, such as creativity, communication and social interaction.
- BigBoxPlay is included in Big Box Adventure, which is broadcast on BabyFirstTV, an extremely popular children’s television and digital network. Big Box Adventure’s main focus is IMAGINATION, and the weekly series takes young children on imaginary journeys to explore castles, spaceships, submarines, planes, and more!
- BigBoxPlay is fun and easy to save. With a child-friendly design that encourages STEM learning, each BigBoxPlay unit has a unique connection system that allows children – almost like building a giant Lego fortress – to have fun while providing parents with easy up and down – Down process for efficient storage of the game system.
- Environmentally Friendly and Made in the USA: This healthy and fun play system was made in the USA and is designed for the whole family, especially parents and grandparents with one or more children / grandchildren. Every inch of these playsets is carefully designed so that there are no tabs or sharp edges. It is well ventilated for an even flow of air and is made of strong and sturdy cardboard made from biodegradable, formaldehyde-free and environmentally friendly materials. In addition, all BigBoxPlay devices are delivered to your home free of charge in a flat-packed box.
YouTube video clips
BigBoxPlay SpaceShip – Screenshot from the video product example.
BigBoxPlay Submarine – Screenshot from the example of a video product.
BigBoxPlay PirateShip – Screenshot from the example of a video product.
BigBoxPlay Airplane – Screenshot from the example of a video product.
BigBoxPlay Castle – screenshot from the example of a video product.
BigBoxPlay models available
BigBoxPlay currently offers 4 models – 2 smaller game systems (Castle and No-Theme) and 2 larger game systems (Castle and No-Theme). Each system is described below:
Each STEM BigBoxPlay 5 unit system includes:
- 2 dry-erase panels
- 90 connection buttons
- 4 connectable panels
- 3 towers and 2 tunnels
If space is limited, you can purchase a smaller three-unit system.
- BigBoxPlay Small No-Theme Set ($ 79): 2 towers and 1 tunnel system contain 9 durable double corrugated cardboard (2 bottoms, 2 tops, 4 sides, and 1 tunnel). It also contains 3 panels and 1 dry erasable panel as well as 62 connection buttons for assembling the play system.
- BigBoxPlay Small Castle Themed Set ($ 99): 2 towers and 1 tunnel system includes 9 durable double corrugated cardboard sections (2 bottoms, 2 tops, 4 sides, and 1 tunnel). It also contains 3 panels with castle motifs and 1 dry-wipe panel as well as 62 connection buttons for assembling the play system.
- BigBoxPlay Large No-Theme Set ($ 109): 3 towers and 2 tunnel systems includes 14 durable double corrugated cardboard sections (3 bottoms, 3 tops, 6 sides, and 2 tunnels). It also contains 4 panels and 2 dry erasable panels as well as 92 connection buttons for assembling the game system.
- BigBoxPlay Large Castle Theme Set ($ 129): 3 towers and 2 tunnel systems includes 14 durable double corrugated cardboard sections (3 bottoms, 3 tops, 6 sides, and 2 tunnels). It also contains 4 panels with lock motifs and 2 dry-erasable panels as well as 92 connection buttons for assembling the play system.
With COVID-19 and the coming summer, BigBoxPlay is more meaningful than ever as many families spend an unusually large amount of time in their homes, and parents are looking for healthy ways to keep their young children busy in fun but educational ways.
BigBoxPlay is the perfect STEM product for your school, daycare, or church!
BigBoxPlay is coming to your school and hosting a fun STEM event where students learn key skills like creativity, collaboration, and social interaction. They are a recognized home school provider for: Inspire, iLead, Summit Academy, Sky Mountain, South Sutter, and Ocean Grove.
For more information and pricing on the various BigBoxPlay configurations, visit www.BigBoxPlay.com
• • Disabled World is a news and information website only and is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. The materials presented are in no way intended to be, and should not be construed as, a substitute for professional medical care provided by a qualified physician. Offers or advertising from third-party providers on disabled-world.com do not constitute approval by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English. Author: BigBoxPlay – Disabled World. Electronic publication date: 2020-06-18. Last revised date: 06/18/2020. Reference Title: “BigBoxPlay: Fun Modular STEM Toys For Children”, Source: BigBoxPlay: Fun Modular STEM Toys For Children. Summary: The BigBoxPlay STEM game system focuses on physical free play, tactile / multisensory learning, creativity and imagination for children ages 2 to 8 and is based on children’s love of building forts out of cardboard boxes. Retrieved on December 21, 2018 from https://www.disabled-world.com/entertainment/games/bigboxplay.php – reference category number: DW # 320-13855.