Rating Analyst – Sustainable Finance Ratings Analyst, Sustainable Finance (S&P Global Ratings)
Location: Centennial, San Francisco, Washington, Toronto
Job function: Reviews
Segment: S&P Global Ratings
We are currently looking for a highly qualified and motivated person to join our Sustainable Finance team as a rating analyst in one of our North American offices (except NY) with a focus on environmental, social and governance research (ESG), climate and resilience finance. Joining a growing analysis team. He or she will endorse the ESG evaluation offering as well as other existing products, including our external ratings and opinions (including green, social and sustainability ratings). The analyst reports to Michael Ferguson, Americas Analytical Manager for Sustainable Finance.
The Ratings Analyst performs rigorous analytical work and is proficient in performing ESG research and fundamental environmental, climate, social and governance analysis. The successful candidate will be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be customer-focused and demonstrate excellent presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences. You will also be involved in:
- Working with the rating practices related to the introduction / delivery of sustainable finance products (ESG assessment, external reviews and opinions);
- Over time, become a sustainable finance expert in external engagements (market contact, customer interactions, meetings to prepare for ESG assessment);
- Subject matter expert to support ESG evaluation practices in evaluations;
- Contribution as a Sustainable Finance Analyst to individual ESG and Green evaluations (either as support for a primary evaluator or a Sustainable Finance expert);
- Do primary research and write thought guidance articles in collaboration with other team members and colleagues from other practices and departments.
- Contribution to improving our analytical approach to ESG and Green Evaluation;
- Be an advocate of great analytics and customer support in sustainable finance and ESG credit ratings.
- Contribute to a seamless work environment across the Sustainable Finance group
The successful candidate will feel comfortable in an environment of continuous improvement and high customer service standards while adhering to the established evaluation criteria, guidelines and procedures.
The Impact: The introduction of ESG and Green Evaluation products is a central part of S & P Global’s strategy to increase its presence in the sustainable finance market. This role is critical in supporting the implementation of this strategy. The integration of ESG factors into credit analysis is also a key priority for the organization and high reputation.
• This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in sustainability, a key strategic initiative for S&P Global Ratings and for S&P Global across the company.
• At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion is really important, and everyone who works here plays a vital role in our reputation for integrity, transparency and excellent ratings.
• S & P Global Ratings plays an important role in the transparency and comparability of the financial markets, helping investors and others to measure and manage credit risk and gain insights into sustainability.
• By supporting the capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people, businesses, cities and states build and expand, build highways and hospitals, and help manufacturers build factories and create jobs.
• With offices in 26 countries, a rating of $ 47.5 trillion and nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an integral part of the global financial infrastructure and has been a leader in providing information to investors for more than 150 years and Financiers They need to be able to provide capital to corporations and governments more easily, quickly and efficiently.
The Career Opportunity: The role enables the candidate to expand their engagement and experience in ESG, climate and resilience research, and credit risk analysis. It will also enable cross-practice and cross-segment growth opportunities. As an analyst you will work in the Sustainable Finance team at S&P Global Ratings. Under the guidance of a senior analyst (associate or higher), a qualified analyst will typically retain responsibility for new analytical and research assignments. A high performing analyst is likely to be considered for involvement in more complex tasks involving higher profile clients, as well as for the reach of investors and markets. We are preparing our most successful analysts to become our future associates and associate directors who will serve as spokespersons and senior analytical leaders on sector teams.
The Team / Business: The Sustainable Finance Team was created by S&P Global Ratings to expand our ratings franchise in a fast growing area and leverage our significant global sustainability expertise across all asset classes. The members of the analysis team are located in 16 locations worldwide and work on a large number of transactions worldwide using different methods. We also work regularly on transactions in partnership with other practices and segments at S&P Global. Effective teamwork and a thoughtful approach to problem solving are highly valued. The sustainable finance team led the development and subsequent launch of a new ESG product offering aimed at assessing the ESG profiles of companies and the Green Evaluation product, which analyzes environmental or adaptive benefits, to obtain a Green Evaluation Score to investigate.
• Postgraduate qualifications in environmental technology, environmental science and / or sustainable finance preferred. Finance, economics, accounting, engineering, math, and / or CFA are also desirable.
• Solid, demonstrable experience (two to three years) with a large commercial bank, investment bank, investment institution / asset manager, rating agency, or auditing firm working in the credit / environmental analysis of multinational companies.
• Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of balance sheet analysis and accounting concepts.
• Competence with numbers and the ability to maintain accuracy and be detail-oriented while meeting deadlines.
• Strong knowledge of Excel / Word / PowerPoint and database applications. The ability to make forecasts based on reasonable assumptions is required.
• Solid oral and written communication skills and the ability to expand, learn and contribute.
About S&P Global
S & P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent ratings. Our ratings are critical to driving growth, creating transparency and training market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million outstanding ratings on companies and securities from governments, corporations, financial sectors and structured finance institutions. We offer an independent view of the market based on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research on relative credit risk. Market participants receive independent intelligence to support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets around the world.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI) that provides individuals, businesses and governments with critical information to make decisions with confidence. More information is available at www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global Ratings
S & P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent ratings. Our ratings are critical to driving growth, creating transparency and training market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million outstanding ratings on companies and securities from governments, corporations, financial sectors and structured finance institutions. We offer an independent view of the market based on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research on relative credit risk. Market participants receive independent intelligence to support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets around the world. S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI) that provides individuals, businesses and governments with critical information to make decisions with confidence. More information is available at www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions regardless of race / ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, skin color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil law) to meet trade unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Only electronic job submissions are considered for employment. If you require accommodation due to a disability during the application process, please send an email to: [email protected]. Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. The EEO is the legal poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes the protection against discrimination according to federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Occupational Groups – United States of America), RATNGS202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Working Group)
Job ID: 258541
Published on: 2021-01-12
Place: Centennial, Colorado, United States