CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – Yeager Airport is adjusting its mask wear policy to the Executive Order of President Joe Biden.
Biden to reintroduce COVID travel rules and add South Africa
Yeager Airport officials say the new federal mask mandate will apply to everyone on the airport premises, including passengers, visitors, airport employees, renters and sellers.
The Transportation Security Administration will enforce the following new madness:
- Refusal to wear a mask on the airport premises may result in removal and refusal of re-entry.
- Refusal to wear a mask can also lead to civil penalties under federal law.
- Children aged 2 and over must wear a mask.
- Your mask must be worn between swallowing and biting while drinking, eating or swallowing
- The only exceptions to the federal mask mandate are:
- Children under 2 years
If necessary, to temporarily remove the identity verification mask.
- While communicating with a person who is deaf or hard of hearing, when the ability to see their mouth is essential to communication.
- Individuals with disabilities who are unable to wear a mask or cannot safely wear a mask because of the disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Individuals for whom wearing a mask presents a risk to health, safety or duty to work in the workplace, as specified in the relevant guidelines on safety at work or in federal regulations.
“Our passengers have been wearing masks for several months and we hardly had any problems with compliance. We are all very grateful to everyone for wearing their masks and we ask everyone to review and prepare this TSA Policy before traveling. “
Nick Keller, Director and CEO of Yeager Airport
If you have any questions, contact Yeager Airport at (304) -344-8033. Please visit yeagerairport.com/covid-19 for more information.
Download the FREE WOWK 13 News app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store for local and breaking news, weather alerts, videos, and more.